A world waiting to be explored

Return

This post has been published by me as a part of Blog-a-Ton 58; the fifty-eighth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. In association with ​Saravana Kumar Murugan, the editor of Shades Of Life book series.
The fall comes, the wind blows,
and the withered leaves drift off,
tell me their tale,
uncannily becoming which is,
a story that is my own

With pangs of longing,
and nights of shooting stars,
I stick out,
my heart on my sleeve,
and travel to places

Becomes one with them,
yet hymns to an old folklore,
my heart, as I sit in an archaic café,
gets lured to the colourful streets,
and yet roams the bygone nooks,
and whispers in my ears

For the sophistication I have become,
For the coffee I have taken to,
For the dreams I have let go,
I must return

For the sky I have not forgotten,
For the tears I have learned to hide,
For the dances I have not danced,
I must return

To the book I have come out of,
to the character I have become,
I must return now, I should go home

When under the stars, in a meadow,
I’ll watch a storm struggle by,
and lay content on my back,
having withered the hurricane I’d become,
when I hear the sky talk back to me,
I’d know I have come back home.

The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton. Show your support for the hastags #BlogATon58 & #Aativas50. Participation Count: 13.

8 comments:

  1. Its rare that I come across such beautiful poetic piece. Wonderful wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, this is just amazing da. Felt bad, why I did not host BAT for a long time! Welcome back! And thanks for your feedback :)

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful loved the composition

    read my BlogATon58 post Refugee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. It went somewhere inside me....
    when I hear the sky talk back to me,
    I’d know I have come back home.

    अप्रतिम ....This poem must go places

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...